Saturday, February 17, 2018

Olympics!!


I love the olympics!  I love all the memories from when I was in the Olympic spirit band, and all the memories from watching the skating every year as a little girl and then at college with all my roomates who would humor me.  My mom even came down to my apartment with treats to watch the skating with me!  And now my boys are enjoying watching it with me!  They work hard to get their homework done right when they get home so they can watch it till bed.  Since they're loving it with me I decided to have a little fun with it!

I made Olympic ring fruit while grandma was here.  She had fun watching the skating with us too!

And then for FHE we did an Olympic games night.  I gave a lesson about not giving up and shared my story of failing a skating test 6 times before I passed!  My dad even facetimed and sang us the song he sang us growing up "It doesn't matter how many times you fail, only the number of times you suceed..."  Then we made torches out of cheetos and ice cream cones and marched around to the olympic music.  Then we had our games.  First was who could eat their torches the fastest.  Parker won since he through it in all at once, Henry copied Parker and was a close second.  Then we had a contest to see who could stack their marshmallows the highest.  E won with three.  Then Parker impromptu did the chubby bunny game with them.  Hilarious!  Funny after all my prep and the thing that was impromptu was what their favorite thing of the night was, ha ha.  Reminds me that I don't have to spend hours on ellaborate pinerest ideas, but spending time with them laughing is what matters most to them. 


Next was a mini hockey game I made.  I know adorable :)  They both won I think:)  Then they had a contest to see who could get their winter gear on the fastest.  Eddie got me as a teammate so he won and Henry fell on the floor in tears.  Ha, so much for my lesson about being a good sport and not giving up:)

Any kind of prep was worth seeing that boys genuine smile and so happy!

Henry recovered and they made medals out of fruit loops and chocolate gold coins:)  So much fun!  Definitely going to become a tradition!  I'll have to do it for summer Olympics too because by the next winter olympics b will be 12 and maybe too cool for my cheesy games:)

No comments:

Post a Comment