Definitely the most spontaneous thing I have ever done!!!! Parker was on a 2 week work trip to DC. Thursday morning my sister was at my house and asked why I didn't go with him for part of it on his weekend. I told her it was because our mom was out of town and couldn't watch the kids. She responded, "well I'm free to watch them!" After much talking into from my sister I bought me a ticket to leave the next morning and surprise Parker! Parker's fantastic Aunt Jo lives in DC and agreed to help with the surprise! She picked me up from the airport and took me to her house. The plan was that when Parker got off work he was planning to go straight to Aunt Jo's house to hang out and I would be there waiting for him! I was worried my plan would bomb, but it worked out perfectly! I was in the kitchen cooking and chatting anxiously awaiting the knock on the door so I could run and hug him, but Aunt Jo's son was so excited about the surprise that he was waiting at the window and when he saw him walk up let him in without him knocking. I turned around in the kitchen to see Parker standing there in shock! He said he heard someones voice in the kitchen and couldn't figure out who was there because he knew it wasn't Jo's or her daughters. When he saw me he said he had to do a double take because he couldn't believe it! We had an amazing weekend together!!! We did a quick DC tour and had a great time hanging with Aunt JO! We had friday night, saturday, sunday and monday after he got off work and then I left tuesday morning. He loved the surprise and the only thing that would have made it better is if I had planned the surprise a month sooner and bought me a much cheaper plane ticket than I did the day before:) But the epic surprise was worth the price:)
First night there having dinner at Aunt JO's
I loved all of the normal tourist attractions and history but my favorite place was the cathedral! It was incredible from the architecture to the stain glassed windows. We even attended their church service on sunday:)
Don Julios has an epic chocolate pinata which I had the honors of cracking open! Yum! So much fun!
Meanwhile the boys were home having a blast being well taken care of by my family! It was a group effort! Heidis family watched them for friday and saturday, Karens family had them saturday night and sunday, then my mom got home and had them monday and tuesday. They're the best!!!
E being a goofball with Heidis family
Trick or treating with Heidi's family:)
And I made it home to my baby! Can you tell we're both happy! E and I hang out all day everyday together while the boys are at school and he's definitely a mommy's boy! When it's just us he's as fun and sweet as can be then when his brothers get home he misses my undivided attention and turns into a terror. After I got home we had a few hours to play before brothers got home from school.
No comments:
Post a Comment