We had the normal Christmas break but then two additional weeks after for off track which gave us lots of family time and time to play with all our new Christmas things. It did end up being a little long and the boys maybe questioned if they like each other anymore:) It was long for me too especially since they of course were sick and grumpy the majority of it. Mostly it was super hard for them to go back!!! Henry had anxiety over it and B had a super hard time adjusting to having before and after school routines again! Well we've been back now 4 weeks and they're finally adjusted! I love year round, but after this rough go I'm questioning it:)
We went sledding where I sledded growing up next to my high school behind our old house. It seemed huge when I was five, but now it looks like a tiny bump in the grass:) The boys loved it though and I've wanted to take them back except there hasn't been any snow since!!!
Parker got New Years off since he got the shaft on Thanksgiving and Christmas. Since New Years coincided with his weekend and the boys were off track we headed to Boise to celebrate! In the 9 years we've been married we've never been to Parkers house for a holiday since tickets from alaska during the holidays were outrageous! It was so much fun to be with them! We enjoyed yummy food, played lots of fun games, and were overly spoiled for Christmas!
And Eddies out within 5 minutes after hitting the road..
I planned a few New Years Eve games and Haley won the cute glasses! They looked best on her anyway!
Came home from Boise and the next week was a doozy for us!! Let's document our Monday the 8th! It started with me realizing I washed and dried a batch of Parkers work shirts with a yellow crayon! Uggh! As I was treating them in the bathroom sink E was standing next to the counter on the toilet watching me. I didn't realize he was holding onto the toilet paper roll holder with all his weight. It broke and as he fell off the toilet his chin hit the counter on his way down. As soon as I got a peek at it I knew he needed stitches and I knew I wasn't up for taking hysterical Eddie and the other two boys to the ER so poor Parker got woken up after working all night and having only been asleep for 1 hour. It took him a minute to wake himself up. It looked like he was sleep walking helping clean Eddie up before we took him in. He's our hero. He always provides the calm and peace in our home. He got Eddie all calmed down and even took him in to our Dr. to get stitches. He needed 5 and with Dad by his side he was a champ! He didn't cry, just winced everytime he felt the needle go through. When they left there was a little girl screaming that she had to get weighed! Eddie was all smiles when he got home and was proud to tell us how brave he was and how the other girl was a baby. He also loved showing off his stitches as you can tell. It was so sweet seeing the bond between Parker and Eddie after that traumatic experience.
Don't worry that wasn't the end of the day. Shortly after they got home I realized Breitling was completely covered in big bumps! Off to the Dr. we go again! Turns out he was allergic to the amoxicilan they gave him. That was an easy fix.
We finally got the kids to bed and we both fell on the bed exhausted! I'd been reading for maybe 20 minutes when I heard a big boom. Sure enough the kid who as never fallen out of his bed fell out and on his way down hit his chin on his desk. Uggh. It was a bloody mess but luckily the stitches didn't need to be redone. Dad got him cleaned up again and back to sleep. When we got back to our bed we realized my water bottle had leaked all over our bed. Uggh. After changing the bedding we both looked at each other giggling from the crazy day and decided we better go straight to bed before anything else happens! Life as a parent is an adventure and I'm so grateful for our rock Parker who pulls us through all crazy days despite 1 hour of sleep!
No comments:
Post a Comment