My Handsome 8 year old!
Our hope was always to be to Utah by Breitling's 8th birthday so we could be near family for his baptism day! We made it to Utah much later than we ever imagined but did make the 8th birthday hope!! The corts clan from Idaho came and spent the weekend for B's big day and they brought him this very big gift!!
They had fun making a hideout from the boxes...
Grandpa Corts spent the past year hand making this gorgeous dresser for B! It is a beautiful piece of art that B will be able to cherish forever!
I'll be a little honest here. I was just called into primary as the counselor over baptisms and the particular day of B's baptism there were two other boys in our ward being baptized too. I tried to delegate and make it as calm and peaceful a day as possible but it ended up being a bit of a chaotic baptism:( But then I saw my B and his sweet smile and spirit and reminded myself of what's important in life. He had not idea the stress and chaos going on but felt the spirit and the sweetness of the day. We are so proud of him for choosing to be baptized. The next day at church it was testimony meeting and he got up and bore his testimony as he often does. In his testimony he said "when I was about to walk down into the font to be baptized I thought 'here we go, it's too late to turn back now'" Parker and I were so embarrassed because testimonies are supposed to be spiritual. But I love his honesty and how comfortable he is speaking in public. My friends all are sure he'll be a public speaker one day:)
His cousin will was born 6 days before him, so was baptized just a few short weeks before B.
Grandma teaching Family History to the boys before the baptism:)
No comments:
Post a Comment