Sunday, July 11, 2010

Halibut Fishing Trip!!

Parker has wanted to go Halibut fishing for the entire year we have lived here(I know crazy to believe we have now been here over a year!). So our awesome friends took us out on their boat for a weekend adventure from Friday night to Saturday night. We didn't catch any halibut, but we sure tried and had fun catching other stuff. I thought once we went Parker would feel content, but now he just can't wait to go out again. I don't think a week wouldn't even be soon enough for him! Thanks to the Clerc's for having us for a fun adventure and especially to Moriah and Daison for playing with Breitling so much so I could fish a bit!!!
Breitling did great on the boat!! He loved watching the waves out the window and being rocked to sleep when the waves got a bit rough. Here is Parker and Breitling at the beginning of our journey. They were both grinning from ear to ear of excitement. Thanks Aunt Jeanie for the cute fleece outfit! I didn't think we would need to use it so soon, but its pretty cold on a boat in Anchorage even in the middle of summer.

Breitling is sitting watching Moriah playing with him.

He loved standing up on the ledge and watching the waves out the window when we went fast.
He felt so cool on the captains seat. He got a huge smile every time Daison let go and let him sit by himself for a split second.
Parker and Daison caught a rock fish.
Our friends had been out the weekend before and left some shrimp pots out so we checked them at the beginning of our journey and then reset them and checked them again on our way back home. Parker sure had a blast helping with that.
Here he is realing them in.
And I jumped in for a picture although I did not help at All. Breitling and I were perfectly content to just watch the messy process.
Here they are holding up some of their finds in the pots. I have never seen huge shrimp like this!
Parker throwing them back out.
And a video of them taking off the tails of the shrimp at the end of the trip. I apologize for turning the camera the wrong way, but hang in there because I got smart half way through the video and turned it:)

No comments:

Post a Comment