B got an academic award again at school for this quarter. Way to go B! What I love most is how excited when he sees Eddie and I waiting in the gym. He runs and gives Eddie big hugs!
And this part of the post is for me to remember this fun stage of parenthood down the road. If you think we're completely crazy just skip this part:)
Our sweet Henry potty trained no problem but the when older all of a sudden struggled with #2. He'd just hold it and then keep getting some in his pants. Uggh. We tried so many incentive things and I was so sick of cleaning out underware! Well, Parkers had an embarassing idea but we were at wits end so were willing to try anything. We had a huge awards ceremony at FHE for Breitling a few months ago. Parker gave him a framed award that stated he was a master pooper and gave him a large chocolate bar. Then we encouraged Henry to earn the award also. We made a large sticker chart and let him pick out a toy to earn when it was completed. He chose a cool monster truck from costco that he had his eyes on for a long time! By the end he was doing pretty good but we wanted to be sure so we did two more sticker charts with toys and at the end told him he had become a master pooper so at the next FHE we'd be having a special ceremony! Oh my goodness we feel completely silly, but for our kids we'll do anything. The cutest thing was how proud and cute Henry was! All week every time he'd go number two he'd say "Mom, I'm sure a master pooper! I can't wait till FHE!" Then one time Parker said "I heard, someone's getting an award this week," and Henry got all smiles and exclaimed "ME!" Just look at his smile getting his award! We really are so proud of him for overcoming this struggle!
No comments:
Post a Comment