For some reason this winter hasn't done me in like the others! It could be the Hawaii trip rejuvinated me, or that I don't mind the winter now that I know it's our second to last winter and I'll be done with it, or that the kids are getting older and I don't get cabin fever like is easy to happen with three toddlers, or that we haven't been as sick and stuck in the house(oh, wait we have been sick, sick, sick so that's not it:)), or that the winter has been a very mild one so we're not stuck in the house so much, or it could be that I'm maturing and learning to enjoy the journey:) It's probably a combination of everything, but the last one makes me feel good so I'll go with that:) Well, no matter the reason, but I love my family and the stage we are in. We have alot of fun and make the best of every moment we have together. Here's some of our fun moments I remembered to capture on camera.
The boys play so much on their own lately. I often check on them in their room, not so much now that I'm worried what they're into, but because I love to see what fun things they are doing together. This particular day I come up to see Breitling has made a store out of his treasures and is swindling all of Henry's money. Look at all the coins he got from H. It made me smile mostly because it brought back memories of my brother David coming up with all sorts of games to swindle my sisters and I of our money:)
I LOVE all of the one on one time Henry and I get when B's at school and E's nappng! We play games, do crafts, and cook alot! This particular day he made a lifesaver dog from Grandma. I just love his smiles lately! You can see his genuine sweetness through it.
And we still play at playgrounds all winter snow gear and all:)
My favorite valentines tradition is doing fondue! Sometimes the boys get to snitch some before bed:)
Ever since we went to Hawaii the boys run around wearing their hawaiin clothes pretending they live by the beach and are hawaiian explorers. This day they came into the bathroom dressed in their swim clothes while I was getting ready and asked if they could go for a swim at the ocean(our bathtub). Why not?!! I love their imaginations and especially how they play together.
Like I said our winter has been so mild and at times so warm, so the poor ice sculptures melted quickly. We barely made it in time. This knight was their favorite!
Their favorite part was exploring the leftover ice chunks.
And then after we left the ice sculptures we topped off our outing by warming up with frosty's:) Eddie's allergies at this point have completely resolved themselves!! Hooray! My life has become way easier and he is much happier without an uncomfortable tummy all the time! This was his first full on ice cream experience now that he can have milk and he was very pleased!!
Saying "cooold" He still hasn't learned the word hot. He says cold for anything cold or hot. I guess that makes sense when you grow up in such a cold place:)
"Mom, come take a picture of Eddie and I laying down together!"
And Henry had to join! Umm, my new favorite picture!!!
Uncle Dieter gave us some yummy hot chocolates which we love and live on in the winter, but silly mom let them have some for breakfast. Well, my already silly boys got even sillier, enjoy the following silly video of them thanking uncle dieter.
Eddie screams going to nursery, who knows why because he doesn't cry any other time we leave him, but they always assure me he stops soon and they took a picture for proof. I love him!
As much as we adore and love him he is not my favorite shopping buddy! Napped and fed he is still grumpy! Well, this particular day he was calm for a moment and I look down to see him and Henry holding hands. Awww!!! Melt a mommy's heart!!!!
B on his way to go camping with Dad and the scouts! He begs everytime and Dad finally thought he was old enough! It's been almost a month since they went and B still talks about all the memories he has just about everyday!!
No comments:
Post a Comment