Monday, April 2, 2012

Getting creative to survive the winter!!!!

In case you are unaware Anchorage has had an enormous amount of snow this winter! As we speak(yes the second week of April) it has been snowing all day and last night! Along with the snow the kids have been sick more this winter than not. We go and do alot of things, but since they've been sick so much we've been limited. Thanks to my sisters introducing me to pinterest we have been inspired with alot of great ideas to keep the kids busy. I am awful at remembering to take pics in the moment, but here are a few of my projects from the last few months. I'll try and remember to take pics of the rest for later.

Picture puzzles! Breitling thought it was awesome putting together puzzles of himself and Henry. The lighting for it was bad so I don't have any pics of him playing with it.
Breitling loves doing puzzles lately. I don't think Breitling minds doing the same 4 over and over again, but I was bored of them so we made puzzles out of the front of any box we had so I wouldn't be tempted to go buy some. We made a bunch but here are just a few of them.









My personal favorite creation..... letter puzzles.




"I did it" he is saying:)








I am excited to say that this idea came all on my own! I was making myself a cute skirt(from pinterest) and realized I had alot of extra material. Bright red....hmm, what I could I use that for?




They love their capes. I tried so hard to get a picture of them together with them on, but because they are both such movers it was impossible so I had to catch both of them off guard. Parker took us to the library to get tin tin comic books. Breitling enjoys the pics so he is busy reading them.




I have wanted to buy him those magnetic connecting things, but in attempt to contain myself I made these with things I already had. Just so you know I don't think it is anything like the magnet ones, maybe for his Birthday...




I just put velcro on popsicle sticks so he could stick them together to make shapes and things.




Definitely Breitling's favorite creation! A monster! When he looked at my pinterest one day he saw this on it and started begging to make a monster, so we did it. Besides the gluing he did most of it all himself!




Out of a pringles can and pipe cleaners I made him a color sorter(like the cougar paper?).














My pringles creation only gave a few minutes of peace so we tried this and he LOVED it! It occupied him for hours putting the pipe cleaners in the strainer.






Later that day(you can tell because he stripped down some more, really how can you not want to wear clothes in Alaska?) I found him putting all of his toys in there and stirring it up for a yummy treat.






Going on a green hunt through the house with his green basket for St. Patty's day of course.





I made this in hopes to entertain Breitling in church since Parker is working now. I love putting the file folders in a three ring binder and with magnets. It makes it much easier!





Dressing the missionary and Captain Moroni is his favorite page!




Shape puzzles.





No comments:

Post a Comment