After what seemed like the longest nine months to all four of us our little angel finally joined our family and he was well worth the wait! We all adore him! Thanks to our iphones we have documented this very special day a little better than in the past. For those of you who care I've documented the birth story a little, if you don't care you can just skim past the boring stuff:)
Since I was 37 weeks along every appointment my doctor would say "any day," but we crossed our fingers he would wait till my mom arrived when I was just about 39 weeks and he did! I am not very pro inducing labor but when it came the time for various reasons my doctor recomended it and Parker and I felt very at peace about it. So we had planned to go in on Monday morning the 16th, but Sunday evening and through the night I started having light contractions. We went in for our scheduled inducement at 6:00 am, but I was already in full labor on my own! I guess that was just the day he was supposed to be born. I progressed until about 10:30am and then my doctor broke my water. That sped it up even more and at 12:29 pm he was born! I am not afraid to admit that I have a very low pain tolerance and so we have opted to have an epidural with my other two kids. We did again but it did not work because it was given too late since my labor went so quickly. Needless to say this was the most painful delivery since I actually felt it, but it was good for me:) It makes it even more exciting when you finally get to hold the baby!
Our hospital is amazing and very pro mother baby bonding so as soon as he was born he was given to me to eat. After he ate here he is meeting his Dad:)
And here is our little gem
Edmond Parker Corts
Born on June 16, 2014 at 12:29 pm
8 lbs. 2 oz and 22 inches
Our hospital doesn't bathe them till they are about 6 hours old and do an immersian bath since their umbilical cord is already wet. I included this picture so you can see his awesome umbilical cord. For some reason they had it cut really long and look how thick it is! The nurses were amazed at how thick it was. When he was born his umbilical cord was tied in a perfect knot! Pretty amazing first of all that he was able to do such manuvers in my belly to make a loop and go through it without getting caught in it and second of all the doctor pointed out it was a good thing he was born when he was and that my umbilical cord was so thick so that it didn't break from the knot or have his circulation cut off. It was just a testimony to me of prayer and the guidance of the Lord in our lives. Sometimes we act on guidance from the spirit and never know the outcome or why we were guided in that way, but I was grateful to know why we were maybe guided to have our baby when we did. I can't express my gratitude enough for our sweet healthy boy.
What a special afternoon it was to have the boys come see their new brother at the hospital and have my mom too!
Sweet Henry was a little apprehensive mostly I think because the hospital environment was all new to him so it made him leery. Surprisingly he didn't want to hold the baby or sit by me much(I think it was my IV that bothered him), but he loved watching Edmond and giving him lots of pats and kisses.
And you can tell from Breitling's almost permanent smile that was in heaven and just taking it all in! My favorite thing he keeps saying is how much Eddie loves him because "he recognizes me!"
Dad thought it would be good for them to hear Eddie cry so he gave him a diaper change, but Eddie is such a calm baby that didn't even get a good cry out of him. The boys did think it was super cool seeing him get changed though!
On Day 2 of his life our sweet "Alaska Grandma" visited us. With her gentle touch our children adore her and I'm sure Eddie will too!
You know my amazing 73 year old doctor I always talk about? Well I finally got a picture! We are so grateful for him and his expertise! I am the worlds greatest worry wart and thankfully he helps put me at ease through the whole nine months. Parker swears he is the reason we are supposed to be in Alaska:) I sure hope we are here for more than a doctor:)
All done up and ready to go home to his wild and very excited brothers!!
We still haven't decided who he looks like most, but at least we know he doesn't have his brother's big eyes or their hair! We aren't sure where he got his thick head of dark hair from, but it is beuatiful!
No comments:
Post a Comment