We made many special friends who came and left AK and this time it was my turn to leave. Amanda was my dearest friend who one day I hope gets to be the one to leave and be closer to us!
One last Park trip with our neighbor friends!
Grandpa was a hero and came to make the drive to UT with Parker. He got put to work cutting hair in the short couple days he was there:)
And we're off!!! I've dreamed of the day when I could have one way tickets out of AK! Eddie got the stomach flu the morning we left which made me even more ecstatic that I NEVER ever have to do this flight alone with kids again!!!! EVER!
Poor E's been dreaming of the day he got to fly to UT and then he was so miserable all he could say was "I all done! I all done!" On our quick layover as we ran from plane to plane we ran into our pilot who helped us get there in time. Poor E was so thrilled to meet our pilot but could just lay in the stroller and stare at him. And now all he talks about is flying again. Pretty sure our flying days with kids are over, poor guy missed that boat!
And a walk down memory lane...our four different homes in AK.
Our tiny 700 square foot Russian Jack Apartment. We were on the bottom corner. It was a good place for the price until baby #2 was on the way and B started running around...
Oh our fairweather drive condo. It felt huge compared to our apartment! We loved the area which was next to the trail that took us to endless parks and the lake. We also loved our Raspberry bushes!! We were happy living there until we left AK but then we had a reality check that getting out of AK was going to take a while so we finally felt good about buying a home.
Next we bought our condo on Whispering loop. We lived there three years. It was a good move for us, but honestly I didn't love the area and did not have a positive time in the ward. When Parker got his two year release date to leave and transfer to UT we felt good about selling our condo a year before and I didn't complain about leaving!!
And then our brookridge adventure! We sold our condo in a week and found the perfect home to rent for a year. It was so great to have a stand alone home with plenty of space. I loved not having to hush the boys all the time! We loved the ward and neighborhood and most of all I loved the actual Alaska feel of it! It backed up to the mountains so we had not backyard neighbors! The view was great and we had lots of large visitors! The year went fast and was a great way to end our adventure!
No comments:
Post a Comment