Saturday, August 12, 2017

A great winter send off!

Right around March is when our move to Utah finally became final instead of up in the air, thus the hiatus from blogging as I got us ready for the big move, so here's backlogging on all the adventures of moving and starting our new adventure!  It's been a whirlwind and sometimes I can't believe after 5 years of us trying to transfer it finally happened!  

Some winters were mild and some were brutal!  Alaska gave us a good sendoff with a brutal one to remind me one of the reasons why I didn't shed any tears when we left.    It was into the negatives all the way through march which kept the snow on the ground almost till we left.  

At least I had snow removal helpers this year!

E felt so proud he could climb the tree!  No matter it only took two snowy steps to get there:)



Mid march and the boys had a snow day and that's saying something since Anchorage school district prides themselves in not having to take many days off.  B made us princess Leia cinnamon rolls to celebrate no school!

The boys didn't tire of all the snow surprisingly and had a blast making snow caves in the backyard with Dad and the neighbors.  

As always with all the snow and cold we come up with lots of fun at home and try to get to museums when we're not sick:)
Window Robots...
We loved our Anchorage museum but are finding out there's more where that came from here in UT!

Crafting during conference...


E took a break from crafting.  After it being quiet for a few minutes I decided I better check on him and found him in the pantry eating garlic butter from the container!  Yuck!
All their creations from crafting...
And as always we had our bouts of  the stomach flu that just kept going around and around the family!  Good thing I started packing early again since we were down for so long.

Can you guess who the sick ones are in this pic?  Poor guys, but at least I get lots of cuddles out of it while watching movies!
Next it was my turn, but I was able to fake a smile between barfing.  


In April we all got antsy so the boys helped me scrape the ice off the driveway everyday so we could ride bikes!  Oh the long dark winters were hard for me.  Not going to miss them one bit, but we do have lots of memories and made the best of it!


No comments:

Post a Comment