Last January we went with my parents to their time share in Maui which was absolutely wonderful! I learned soon after we moved to Alaska that in order to keep my sanity I needed to get out of Alaska in the winter every year. At first the kids and I just went to Utah to see family but now that the kids are in school that didn't work so well, but Hawaii as a couple sure did! Soon after we got home last year Parker already started planning another trip there! I dragged my feet wanting to be conservative and thinking I'd survive without gettting out since we'd be moving at the end of the school year. I'm so glad Parker made it happen anyway because it's been a long winter and having our move up in the air it was wonderful to have something to look forward to! We were gone 9 days and have never been together this much and it was awesome! This guy is my best friend! We swam in the ocean, sun bathed, paddle boarded, snorkeled, ate lots of yummy food, and I relaxed! I read 5 novels!!!!
On the plane ready to go!
Our lovely resort, the Westin in Kananapali.
We hiked to a blowhole.
These pictures our at Secret beach. Last year when we went my Dad bought us a beuatiful photo taken at this beach. It's hanging in our bathroom and we've been dreaming of Hawaii for an entire year:)
We made many trips to Ululanis the best shaved ice around.
Parker had fun snorkeling right by shore getting seashells for the boys. We brought this one to our place and found a little friend in there:) Don't worry we took him back home:)
Meanwhile...the boys were at home having the time of their lives with Grandma!
She surprised them by bringing them lunch one day at school! They were very proud to show off their grandma and show her their class, so I'm told:)
When Henry brought home his journal this week I found this gem he wrote one day while my mom was here. How he adores her. He and grandma Barlow have a very special relationship. A huge thanks to my mom for loving on my boys so we could have a get away and not have to worry at all about the boys.
We had another luau with the boys when we came home with the ukulele we got them this time. Can you tell Eddie's totally into it:) Their Hawaiian clothes from last year are a tad small, oops.
No comments:
Post a Comment