Wednesday, September 25, 2013

Our First Snow...Yes, already!

Our last snow day before spring came was May 25th.  September 23rd we were graced with it's presence again!  Although 4 months was too short a break from snow for me, 4 months is a long time for kids and they were thrilled!!! 
 
Checking it out on our porch first thing in the morning! Yep my boys are true Alaskans!  I was in denial that winter was coming so we didn't have our winter gear out of storage yet.  They begged and begged so I bucked up and got it out. 

As they ran out of the garage with their gear on Breitling yelled "I love snow!!!"  Hmm, we'll see if they are yelling that in 9 months! 
Yelling, "we love snow," as they went down our hill.

 Our new backyard has the perfect sledding hill for little guys!  After going down in the sled they tried body sledding.  Their creativity didn't stop there.  Next they tried pretending the sled was a skateboard and stood on it as they boarded down the hill.  I didn't get a picture of that because I was too busy keeping my hands on them so they didn't have a serious skateboard snow accident:)
 Making snow angels.
 I love this picture because he reminds me of my Dad.  Exact big smile!

The snow melted by the end of the day, but don't worry this is not the end of our snow pictures for the year, because I'm the snow will be back in plenty!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment