Tuesday, March 10, 2015

Vegas!

Life is so unpredictable!  My mom was coming to visit in March while Parker was gone for a 2 week work training in Oklahoma and she was going to watch the boys for a few days so I could go hang out with him on the weekend.  Then out of no where Parker received the Archie League award from NATCA and they told him they were sending us to a conference and banquet in Las Vegas to receive the award.  It just happened to be the same week that he was going to Oklahoma and my mom was coming.  So off we went to Vegas!!!   Not what we planned but life is an adventure and I am so glad I get to have this adventure with my best friend Parker!  We are NOT vegas people and didn't love Vegas persay but we did love the time alone!  

The Gardens at Bellagio

The night of the banquet!  Parker did not love all of the attention from this award in his words he was "just doing my job."  Stories similar to Parker saving this pilots life happen often, but we usually just hear the bad stories from the media.  I think it is wonderful that they have this award to recognize a few of the controllers and the positive things they do.  I'm a very proud wife and I definitely got teary eyed during his speech!  





Giving his speech after receiving his award.




Thanks to my wonderful mom staying with the kids we were able to stay a few days after the conference and have fun in Vegas with my Dad and Kaden and Parker's parents.

Blue Man Group was definitely an entertaining show!





No comments:

Post a Comment