Tuesday, June 16, 2009

ALASKA!!!

We made it to Alaska and so far I am loving it!! We started our travels on Sunday afternoon the 7th and arrived on Wednesday afternoon the 10th. We feel super blessed that we didn't have any problems on our journey. We just slept on our airmattress in the back of our car each night so it made for a quick journey although we were quite gross smelling by Wednesday without showering:) The drive was absolutely beautiful through Canada and Alaska. There were just trees and more trees everywhere and we saw alot of wildlife along the roadside since we were traveling early in the morning and late at night. That was exciting for me because all I have ever seen of animals has been at Zoos. The animal pics aren't too good because we took them while driving so there are alot of front end and back ends of the animals:)

Since arriving we have done alot of sightseeing and it sure is an amazing place! We are going fishing this weekend (well that is if I can pass the Alaska drivers licence test:)) so I will post more pictures of our Alaska adventures soon!!

Parker thought he should note what I did the majority of the drive in a picture. I am not sure how he managed to photograph this while he was driving? I think my baby is going to be a good car rider because the whole trip I felt great and slept great, then the moment we get to Alaska I am sick throwing up again. I guess me and cars get along.

This is the head of my first wild bear I have ever seen! We saw stack of black bears. We saw one grizzly bear but he ran across the road too fast for a pic. He was HUGE!


And this is a pic of my first moose. After seeing this moose I have seen many and realized they are not that rare around here.




Parker made us a yummy sunday dinner. We had to take a picture of our makeshift chairs and table. We are working on getting one soon.
I went to open our screen door yesterday and I look across the parking lot and there is a moose just sitting on our neigbors porch eating the berries. How random is that? I didn't realize when Parker said we will be living with Bears and Moose that they would really be in the middle of an apartment complex in a big city. I can handle moose I guess since there arn't any snakes and spiders!

3 comments:

  1. HOLD THE PHONE!! Your having a baby!!! When did this happen . . .when are you due? Alaska looks like fun!! You need to catch me up on things! Love and miss you!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Anne!

    I loved looking at your update! Looks like you guys are having a lot fun...Alaska sounds fun and exciting! I would be very scared to be so close to a bear like that! I am so happy for you and glad that you guys are doing good! The best thing of all was to see your cute belly! I can't wait to know if it is a baby girl or boy... and again: you look so cute with your belly! :0)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your having a baby??? Congrats! I had no idea. What are the details??? I'm glad to see you made it to Alaska. I hope all goes well there. Enjoy it! I just saw it on a movie and it looks beautiful! I may have to come visit. :-)

    ReplyDelete